“Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you.”
Valentine’s Day, the most romantic holiday of the year, when chocolates, flowers and gifts are exchanged between loved ones. Some people are absolutely mad about Valentine’s Day – romantic dinner at restaurant, luxury hotel stay in a beautiful location or even marriage proposals.
I have never been especially excited about celebrating Valentine’s Day. Do I really have to wait until 14th February to eat dinner by candlelight, drink wine and spend quality time with my other half? NO! I believe if you truly love someone, you should show it every day, and not just once a year. For me, love is about sharing and caring every day. It is the feeling that someone is there for you, and you have someone who cares for you. And by the way, just to be clear… I hate romantic dinners, for me it is just too much sugar LOL and as you know I try to reduce sugar in my diet.
I have to admit that I get annoyed with the extremes – excessive romantic celebration and absolute hatred of that day. I try to be neutral about this day. However, I agree that Valentine’s Day has become an overly commercialized rush of last-minute shopping of meaningless and overpriced gifts to display their affection. We need to remember that this is a holiday that’s completely about you and your partner – you two can do whatever goofy or sexy or romantic thing you want. Or simply, it can be another normal day in your calendar.
I love giving gifts and 14th February is just another perfect occasion to do so. I always put a lot of thought into gifts to get things I know someone will like or use. For Valentine’s Day I purchase rather small gift or I make something myself.
This is my 5 Valentine’s Day gift ideas:
- Flowers – you can’t get wrong with flowers. But, it doesn’t need to be 100 roses. Seriously, one is perfectly enough.
- Photo gift – simply print one of your picture and put it to the nice photo frame; or prepare photo collage with your favourite moments; alternatively, you can buy online personalised mugs, wall paper, photobooks and more.
- Sexy flexy underwear or nightwear 🙂 yep… I think there is no more comments needed here 🙂
- Games for couples – something like Quiz Couple, Perfect Match or Monogamy – you can find lots of ideas on Internet. This is not only a great gift, but also fun way to spend your Valentine’s Day.
- Finally, surprise your other half with homemade food. It doesn’t need to be romantic dinner – perhaps she/he would like to eat nice pancakes for breakfast or her/his favourite salad for lunch?
How do you spend Valentine’s Day?